About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The IJOGE was founded to provide an outlet for scholarly research for and by higher education stakeholders including students, faculty members, administrators, practitioners, researchers, employers, and policymakers. Specifically, this journal seeks articles on topics relating to online graduate education, including, but not limited to, the following graduate education items:
- Faculty member and/or student online experiences
- Student motivation and engagement in online education
- Retention and timely completion of online or blended degree programs and courses
- Online mentoring, teaching, and engagement
- Online faculty member and/or student socialization and sense of community
- Online education technology and delivery
- Academic integrity /code of conduct issues in online education
- Online curriculum development and innovation
- Curriculum and assessment quality in online education
- Online teaching, learning, effectiveness evaluation models
- Advising in online education
- Leadership and administration in online education
- Community and service through online education
- Research and online education
- Accreditation in online education
- Learning theory
- Multi-media and instructional design
- Student and faculty retention in online education
Articles should focus on these and similar issues at the master's and doctoral levels of online education. The IJOGE utilizes rolling submissions and publication. Issues are published two or three times a year, with issues being continually updated with new research. The use of a double-blind peer-review process ensures that the selection process is independent and solely merit-based, with the objective of identifying the best research in the field. The aim is to feature outstanding scholarly contributions from researchers around the world in various disciplines. By providing a forum for scholarly dialogue regarding the most important emerging issues. The publication may also accept book reviews, position papers, and literature reviews but these would not be ‘peer-reviewed’ publications. The IJOGE does not accept full-length dissertations or theses - be sure submissions are in journal article format.
IJOGE does not charge any fees for article processing or publication.
The editor and any editorial staff may not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the submitting author(s), reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial staff, and the publisher, as appropriate.
The IJOGE is funded by National University but is an independent publication and does not favor in any way works by current or former employees or students.
All content on this website is copyrighted by National University. If you wish to use any content from this site, please contact the editor.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Ethical oversight is the responsibility of both the editor and the editorial board. The editor will engage all active members of the editorial board on a case-by-case basis as ethical issues arise with any given submissions or published articles. Authors should attempt to resolve any conflicts amongst themselves regarding contributorship. Whenever this is not possible, the editor can be contacted so that a decision can be made on a case-by-case basis about any conflicts or issues. Complaints and appeals may be emailed to the editor, and will then be considered by the editorial board on a case-by-case basis. Any potential conflicts of interest or competing interests should be disclosed via the IJOGE system to the editor and potential peer reviewers in a note along with the initial submission. Peer reviewers should disclose potential conflicts of interest or competing interests before actively peer reviewing submissions and should decline to review the submission if they have a conflict. Every effort will be made to correct any post-publication errors as soon as possible once the editor is notified. Discussions regarding post-publication corrections should be emailed to the editor promptly. Policy on intellectual property and data sharing and reproducibility information can be found on the author submission page.